This was a great dinner I made for friends and family, oh I forgot dessert was a individual key lime pie. Along with the meal everyone love both them main course and dessert.
GUINNESS STEAK SKEWERS WITH SMOKED GOUDA DIPPING SAUCE
- 1.5 lbs sirloin beef, cut into 1½" chunks
- Steak seasoning
- 1 bottle Guinness
- 2 T butter
- 1 T flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1¼ cups smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
1. Pour the Guinness into a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce until the liquid measure approximately ⅓ cup.
2. Thread the beef onto skewers and season with steak seasoning. Heat a flat stop griddle, grill pan or large skillet over high heat. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil
3. Add the skewers to the pan and brush the top generously with the Guinness reduction using a basting brush. Sear the steak for 2-3 minutes before rotating the skewers ¼ turn, again brushing the reduction on the top side. Repeat until all four sides have been seared and all the reduction has been used. Turn the skewers to coat them in the boiled down Guinness sauce on the pan. Remove to a serving platter.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, then slowly whisk in the milk. Once the milk has thickened to a cream like thickness, whisk in the gouda, ⅓ a time, waiting to add the next batch until the previous one is fully incorporated. Season with freshly ground pepper and pour into a small bowl. Serve alongside the skewers.
Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Onion Dijon Sauce
- ½ medium green cabbage (about 1½lbs)
- 1 TB. garlic infused olive oil (or regular olive oil) salt & pepper Sauce:
- 3 TB. butter
- 2 TB. minced fresh onion
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- pinch (1/8 tsp.) each salt and pepper
- optional: chopped chives or parsley for serving
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
2. Cut cabbage half into four equal wedges and set on prepared baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat the cut side of each wedge with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn wedges and repeat.
3. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Flip the wedges and roast until nicely browned, 8-10 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted. Keep warm (alternately, place ingredients in a microwavable container and cook on high for about 1 minute warm again before using).
5. To serve, place the wedges on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with chives or parsley, if desired.
Garlic Butter Asparagus Recipe
Serves 2-3 | Prep Time: 3 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- juice of ½ lemon, optional
Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1/2 inch.
Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately.
For the salad i just used leftover salad from the night before and added a little move Spinach.
Dessert: INDIVIDUAL FROZEN KEY LIME PIES
- ¾ Cup key lime juice, fresh squeezed (about a pound of key limes or good bottled key lime juice)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped topping, plus more for garnish
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers, turned into crumbs
- Crush graham crackers and mix with the butter, set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer, add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add the key lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Let the whipped topping defrost and add to the cream cheese mixture, folding it in until combined.
- Taking individual silicone cups (I use silicone cupcake liners) fill with the cream cheese mixture about ¾ of the way up. Top with the graham cracker crumbs. Place on platter or sheet tray and place in freezer for 4 hours or until set. Unmold pies carefully and serve graham cracker side down. The easiest way to do this is to submerge the bottom half of the mold into warm water for a few seconds.
- Serve with whipped topping garnish and key lime slice if desired, enjoy!