So for lunch today we made this with a few changes.
Instead of the tortillas we used mini Pitas, we did not add the cheese (mainly because we forgot to put it on), we added pico de gallo and lastly we did not have the Cilantro. Here is what it should look like and what we did. It was still good even if we did not follow the full recipe.
|Theirs||our's (not the most Attractive thing we have made)|
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 4-5 large wheat or white tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove pan from heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat.
- Place tortilla on a plate. Layer with a spoonful of barbecue chicken, cheese, pineapple, onion, chopped romaine and cilantro. Roll, burrito style and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately.