This is a great lite meal that does not take to long to make.
Mango Spinach Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
For the Salad
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/4-cup cashew halves
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey (add more if you like it sweeter)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, mango slices and cashews; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently toss it all together.
Original link: http://diethood.com/mango-spinach-salad-honey-lime
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
Original link: http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/11/garlic-butter-...
Mojito Fruit Salad
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 5 Kiwis
- 1 Honeydew Melon
- 1/2lb Green Grapes
- 2 Limes
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint
Cut all of your fruit into bite sized pieces. Like I said I really like to use a melon baller for the honeydew. Also I suggest cutting up your apples last because the longer they sit with their flesh exposed the browner they will get. I've decided that cutting the grapes in half is a nice touch Once all of your fruit is ready to go mix the juice from both limes with the chopped mint. Pour lime/mint mixture all over your fruit and lightly toss to combine everything. And that's it.
Original link: http://www.kellifinch.com/2015/05/mojito-fruit-sal...