A Plan for Rural Towns (Using Waterval Boven as an example)
This is a proposed blueprint for the transformation of small towns and rural villages into strong, sustainable communities, in complete control of their own destiny. This is a model that can serve as a template for all small towns to introduce UBUNTU Contributionism to each community. It will restore the harmonious balance between the people and the Earth because it allows people from all walks of life to achieve whatever they dream of. Their passion for what they choose to do is their contribution for the greater benefit of all in their community. From farmers to scientists, artists to engineers, health workers to craftsmen, and especially community workers. Everyone adds greatly to the abundance in their community. The aspect of education and training play a crucial role in how communities are structured and will be covered in great detail in a separate section.
The small towns and rural communities scattered throughout the country are prime areas for the introduction of the new system. One by one we can turn these small towns into self-sustainable examples of abundance and success. The emphasis will be to solely reduce our dependency on money, until we don’t need money at all.
How Will This Be Achieved?
The knowhow and scientific expertise is available from a variety of great minds to implement all the proposed community projects. I have been in contact with some of the greatest minds in science, medicine, energy, education, recycling, engineering, agriculture and more to help implement all the proposed plans. There are simple and effective solutions for most of our immediate needs that can be provided very quickly if the people stand together as a united community. This is not a wish list, but rather a to-do list of achievable objectives because we have already established its viability.
I need to stress that the people behind the UBUNTU Contribution System, including myself, are not politicians or corporations with profit in mind. We are a growing group of HUMANS who consist of ordinary people that include scientists, teachers, healers, inventors and other specialists who care about humanity and our planet. We have taken these steps to share our knowledge with others.
Council of Elders (Wise men and women of integrity)
The existing models of governance that we have in so-called democracies are fatally flawed and keep disappointing the people they are supposed to serve. The people must implement their right to take over the governance of their town with a newly appointed council of elders, which is appointed by the people of the community to serve the community, unlike the many, and mostly bankrupt municipalities, who fail to deliver any of the needs of the people.
My proposal is that the new council consist of 12 elders or wise people whom the community has chosen, because they hold the needs of the community above their own needs. The 13th member, of the council should be the spokesperson chosen by those in the council. These wise people will implement the needs of the community on a daily basis from within the center of the community and not some distant ivory tower with unreachable politicians who have no understanding of the needs of the community. The council will consult with the people every day and hear what the needs are, listen to suggestions, welcome new members to the community, and allocate action to be taken on the most pressing issues.
The council will initiate the implementation of new ideas or projects to improve and upgrade all aspects of the community. Every member of the community must be able to speak to the council at any time, to make suggestions, raise concerns or point out innovative ideas that will improve the lives of the people.
I mentioned before that the concept of democracy is one of the best disguised control systems that was sold to the people as a sugar-coated poison pill. Democracy is nothing more than a well disguised bullying tactic by the majority over others, that can be controlled by those who control money. Democracy has NOT worked anywhere in the world. It has been used as a tactic to make people believe that they are free, and that they have a choice. It is now clear that we as the majority of the world have NO choice and that our needs are not being met by our servants, the politicians.
For this reason, it is important to state that UBUNTU is NOT a democratic system – but rather a system that works on minority rule principles – guided by the council of elders. I know that there will be some readers who will simply not understand this principle – but as the information sinks in you will realize that this is actually the natural order of things. Minority rule – just think of it this way: Do you want others to tell you what to do? Just because there are more of them than you? The answer to that has always been no.
You do not need the majority to agree, to implement something valuable in the community. And because different people have different skills and passions, it is not possible for the majority to share those skills or understand them in order to realize that they will be beneficial to the community. This is where the wise men and women of the council decide for the benefit of the community. The rapid access to the council by the people will keep this system in check and create a quick turnaround if something has gone wrong and causes damage to the community – minority rule.
Remember that this is an interim phased approach to move away from the control of corrupt governments and municipalities who have stolen the land from us – the people. We need a starting point to implement the principles of unity and prosperity of all the people in the community.
One of the first things that needs to happen during this interim period, is that each town or community needs to establish a bank account into which all taxes, water and electricity bills, or any other money that is normally collected by the municipality, is paid. This account must be managed by the council on behalf of the people and not politicians. Funds must be allocated to the various projects that will provide the first FREEDOMS to the community. The initial focus must be on the cornerstones as mentioned before – Free water, free electricity, and then rapidly progressing towards free housing and free food.
As one town succeeds, the others will follow their example to emulate their success.
Step by Step
There are several steps to reaching complete UBUNTU Contributionism in the towns and ultimately in the whole country. Remember that this new social structure will bring new laws and guidelines that will be established by the communities themselves. The new lawful structures will be outlined in a separate detailed section.
We have to view every sector with brand new eyes of unlimited opportunity, not restricted by the availability of money. It is therefore also imperative to keep reminding ourselves that everything is possible and everything is achievable, because everything is available – because money is not a hurdle.
More detail of the UBUNTU Council and how each community will govern itself will be covered in a separate section of this document, but the introduction of the new system needs to be understood clearly. It will take several stages of using money as a tool to liberate us from money itself. The communities will not only become completely self-sufficient, but in the initial stages they will also produce a growing abundance of goods and produce in all areas. These products and even services will become a good interim revenue generator for the community while it is in the transition stage to full Contributionism. Eventually the need for money will simply fade away on its own, without much fanfare.
Community Income Generation During the Transitional Period
Every community project launched as the initial phase must have some kind of short-term financial aspect to it, while providing long-term solutions towards self-sustainability. Here is a list of the products and services that the community should be able to sell and trade with while moving towards a full UBUNTU community. The money will be used for continued improvements and upgrades on all levels of the town.
Bottled water, milk, cream, butter, cheese, eggs, bread, chickens, vegetables, fruit, seedlings, fish, furniture, windows, doors, other building materials, bricks, fertilizer, compost, gas, Veld School; camping, water activities, home industry products like jams, chilies, biscuits, art works, clothing, fabrics, shoes and many more products.
There are many obvious areas that must be developed in each community, as the initial foundation for self-sufficiency. The implementation will differ from town to town, so please read this as to-do list and NOT how to implement it. Each one of these activities will create many off-shoots and give rise to more opportunities for the people to prosper.
There are FOUR initial areas of implementation:
These are the ultimate goals in the first 1-2 years.
- 1. Free Energy – Which includes: Free electricity, lights, heat and gas.
- 2. Free Water
- 3. Free Housing
- 4. Free Food (Agricultural land optimization)
A town like Waterval Boven has all the fundamental elements to become self-reliant and provide the people with the 4 basic needs. Free energy, water, housing and food. But over and above this there are other exciting areas that will be continual spin-offs which will also benefit the community. There are brilliant members of the community who have access to knowhow and technology to dramatically improve the lives of all the people. The community under the guidance of the council of elders must ensure that the skills of these individuals are used to the best of their ability.
In the current system, problems are mostly solved by politicians, who are not experts at anything except extorting money from the people. That is why very few problems ever really gets solved.
The initial funds will come from the account controlled by the community and the council, instead of going into the pockets of corrupt politicians and municipalities that use the funds for their own benefit. Once the infrastructure for the above services has been established, there should only be a small monthly cost of maintenance and improvement to continue providing the many services needed by the community – either for free, or very low costs during the transition period.
(Solar, Hydro-electric, Wind, Geothermal, Magnetic, Gas, and more...)
The infrastructure of cables that connect each home has been paid for by us, the people, many times over. So once we establish a source of free energy, and choose to implement it, we should not be paying anything for the supply of electricity, while taking over the cables from ESKOM.
There are many sources of energy for our different needs. Like light; heating water; cooking and baking; heating in the home, and other needs for industry and farming, like diesel or petrol.
As we strive to find one powerful source of free energy that can provide all the needs, we need to use the most appropriate sources for different tasks.
- Solar energy is the most obvious source for providing light in homes, factories, schools and everywhere else that light is needed. Low wattage LED lights are almost indestructible and use very little energy. Community funds must provide the most effective solar panels and batteries to achieve this. The funds received from recycling of the rubbish dump can probably supply 1-2 solar panels every day, to provide light to 2-4 households.
- The waterfall and river is a continuous energy source just going to waste. A turbine placed in the waterfall, or under the bridge in the river, will not pollute the river, nor use up any water. It will most likely generate enough electricity to supply the whole town of about 5000 people.
- There are many rapids and smaller waterfalls that can be used for many more hydroelectric power generators. A 200 kW generator is relatively small and hardly be noticed. Ten to twenty of these will provide the whole town with all power we need for free – with minimal maintenance.
- If necessary, a basic dam wall with a turbine can be built across the river in an area that will not affect the environment and benefit the community.
- A methane gas plant at the sewerage dam, with a compressor, will provide everyone with free methane gas for cooking, heat and even light. This will allow the solar panels to only power the lights and other basic appliances. Cow dung from the dairy should be used not only as a compost ingredient, but also to add to the methane gas production.
- Geothermal options are very real and have been implemented successfully all over the world. In KZN there is a cheese factory that runs entirely on hydro-thermal energy. Once the system has been installed, there are very few ongoing maintenance costs.
- There are also other options of new technology that can be implemented. Like salt water that burns when exposed to certain radio frequencies.
- These radio frequencies also make neon lights glow and could be used in factories and larger warehouses.
- Silent magnetic motors that run perpetually and generate a high voltage output have been demonstrated and could be used in every home effectively for various electrical appliances.
- Wind turbines can be erected to add to the supply if necessary.
- Geo-magmatic option is also possible and needs to be investigated.
One of the latest scare tactics imposed on the people of the world by the controllers, is the future shortage of water. This is just another evil scare tactic and scam by the controllers who want to take control of the supply of water.
The world is full of water. There is NO shortage of water. It is the most abundant element in the world and it should be clear to any sober person that the authorities have started a slow and sinister disinformation campaign some years ago to confuse us into believing their lies, until they assume the right to all water supply.
There is however the issue of increasingly contaminated rivers, wells and underground water sources, caused by mines who have been given free rein to do what they want by the governments. But because the large corporations like mines pay the government huge amounts of money, they are not held accountable and we, the people, are being taxed and charged to clean up the mess that they created. This is a huge global problem that was created by corporate greed, which will be eliminated by the removal of money from society. Towns near rivers or mountains have no problem with water. They could supply water to other towns that may not have obvious sources. Coastal towns have the oceans that can provide all the water they need. Reverse osmosis converts salt water into fresh water and creates salt as a by-product. And since energy and money are no longer going to be a problem, the production of reverse osmosis water will be no problem either. For the town of Waterval Boven – the following applies.
- There is so much water coming out of the mountain, that nobody should be without water, and everyone should have free water supplied to their house.
- Water from the mountain streams can be utilized for drinking and other needs of industry.
- The water reservoir can be upgraded to receive clean mountain water and distribute it to the houses.
- It may be a good option to create smaller water tanks that supply several homes at a time, to prevent water shortages if the main supply is damaged in some way.
- Sewerage and drain water must be purified with advanced green technology and can be used for agriculture and in need of shortages, for drinking too.
- All water will undergo a natural process called “energizing” which makes the water healthy and even helps to prevent and cure many kinds of diseases.
- Scientists know that structured and energized water improves the growth of plants and will be beneficial in the seedling factories and plant nurseries created by the community as part of the agricultural initiatives.
- So, before any structures are erected or upgraded, we have to evaluate the layout of the town and use the best town planners, environmental experts and civil engineers to redesign the layout of the town for maximum benefit to the people. This must include the vision of future growth and expansion and be in absolute harmony with nature. This will be very beneficial to the health of the entire community.
- Embark on an extensive building material production. Using natural building materials like clay/straw/lime/ thatch/wood/stone/and more.
- Obtaining free or cheap stone and sand from the surrounding mines.
- Use our initiative and imagination to make and create all kinds of materials necessary for building houses, factories and agricultural structures needed by the community.
- Allow the artists to create materials that add an artistic flavor to the building process.
- Lobby SAPPI for wood that grows in the area to build log houses where necessary or where required. After all, much of the SAPPI land belongs to the people. Such wood from SAPPI will also be used to build windows and doors and furniture and all other goods needed by the people.
- Establish a saw mill and wood factory for the carpenters and other people trained to perform these tasks. The factory can also be use by other community members to build their own products if they wish.
- Establish a basic but effective metal welding workshop for the basic manufacture and production of a variety of metal goods needed by the community.
- All those who participate in the various activities or services to the community will immediately be eligible for free housing, free water and free electricity.
- Others will benefit based on their contribution to the community.
FREE HOUSING & TOWN PLANNING
Design a new integrated eco-friendly town plan of Waterval Boven. The current layout of our towns is far from tying into the natural flow of activities, energy and our needs. Greedy developers just build whatever they believe will generate a good income from the people in the community, hardly ever taking any care about the flow of services and buildings. Eastern philosophy of fung shui is simple to apply by those in the know. This method has been shown to be highly beneficial to the flow of energy through the buildings, creating a positive effect on the people that use the spaces. Buildings and larger developments constructed according to these principles have an ongoing positive effect on the people of the town and the associated activities that are performed there.
The Contributionism Aspect
The most crucial part of the new system is the following: In return for the free water and energy, and gas and more, every member of the community must do a minimum of 2 hours per week community work. This is a number that has been allocated for now, but will most likely change when the structures are closer to being implemented.
People can choose in which area they want to contribute, or the council of elders will allocate people to various tasks based on their ability OR the most pressing needs in the community at the time. This is the basic fundamental principle of Contributionism. This means that in a town where 3000 people are above 18 years old, people will provide 6,000 work-hours per week to the upgrading of the facilities and infrastructure of the town.
In return for their participation, people will pay highly reduced rates for all the foods and facilities created by the community projects, until eventually, everything will be freely available to the active community members. It is immediately obvious that towns with this kind of public participation will grow and succeed in every area imaginable.
FREE FOOD & WATER
In the world we know today, most people work, to make money, so that they can buy food. When people are homeless, jobless and hungry, they will do anything to get money so that they can buy food, even turn to crime. The sad situation is that; a lack of money turns good people into criminals in the society we have created. More and more people are without work and without hope of survival in the future. Food is so expensive that the little bit of money they can scrape together hardly keeps them sustained. Bad diet leads to bad health and an unhealthy mental attitude. This is the spiral of social degradation that is clearly visible in the world today.
The UBUNTU Contributionism system provides simple and effective solutions to reverse this situation and restore pride to such individuals and make them valuable members of the community with immediate effect. If you feed the people, they will not need to turn to crime to buy food, but rather become active participants of their community.
All the different foods and other products that are produced by the community must be made available at very low costs to members of the community – who all contribute their 2 hours per week to community projects. The remaining surplus of produce and products will be sold at low prices at the market to surrounding towns and passers-by on the freeway, generating additional income for the community.
This is a key aspect of the UBUNTU Contribution system that will make this town highly desirable to live in. It is also the catalyst that will cause the domino effect with the neighboring towns to adopt the same way of life. Because it will not take long before all the people from the neighboring towns will come to Waterval Boven to buy all the goods, that are available at a fraction of the price in their own town – which still operates on a normal capitalist system.
These activities will allow all the people to live well in the town/community, needing very little money, if any. Very soon, the people will realize that they hardly use any money at all while at home. The real spending applies only when they travel and have to interact with other towns or buy items not available in the UBUNTU town. As part of the phased approach, it is imperative that the following projects are implemented with immediate effect.
- Utilize one of the empty municipal buildings in town to create a functional kitchen with tables and chairs and get some of the jobless people with the right skills to do the cooking. This can eventually escalate to 2 and 3 meals a day when the community projects have become really productive.
- The funds for this can come from the recycling of the rubbish dump, the agricultural activity by the community, the income from selling the long list of products and services by the self-sustained community, and also the interim account that is controlled by the council of elders on behalf of the community. Remember that during the initial stages there will be money going into the communal account every month instead of disappearing into the bottomless coffers of the municipality.
- The community bakery must be upgraded to bake a large number of breads every day to provide all the people with bread at a low cost. Not just the boring government loafs, but all kinds of breads that can also be sold at the farmers’ market, restaurants and neighboring towns. Those that contribute will get free bread.
- Utilizing idle municipal land and using land belonging to farmers in the surrounds for agriculture to grow all kinds of food and crops for the community.
- Dairy for production of milk, cream, butter and cheese. This can become a very lucrative part of the first phase towards self-sustainability.
- Free-range chickens for eggs and meat.
- Growth tunnels for vegetable and herbs all year round.
- Beehives to pollinate the plants and trees and provide honey. Each bee hive can produce an average of 30 kg honey per year.
- Fruit and citrus orchards – will also have many spin-off products.
- Fish breeding – we can breed millions of trout and other fish in the dams and abandoned fish farm, for consumption by the community and for selling.
- Bottled water from the natural springs to sell on the open market to distributors and also passers-by on the freeway.
- Wool production and more.
These are just some of the most obvious activities that need to be implemented to create a self-sustained community. Experts in each activity can advise on how large that sector should be to provide enough for a town of 5000 people.
OTHER BENEFICIAL ACTIVITIES
- Processing the sewerage into fertilizer will generate income for the community and allow us to fertilize our own lands.
- Using the sewerage plant to generate gas – use for cooking and more.
- Making compost from cow dung and other organic material.
- Plant seedlings of all kinds for own use and external sales.
- Utilizing the wattle trees for manufacturing wooden items.
- Discarded wood from SAPPI and other wood for mulch/wood chips.
- The various working farms will be promoted as tourist attractions to city children to learn about life and mother Earth.
- Set up community manufacturing of all kinds of products needed by the community. These can also be sold to outsiders as income in the early stages of transition.
- A farmer’s market should be established to attract people from the entire region and passers-by. All the goods manufactured and produced in town can be sold for the benefit of the community. This will include: Fruit, vegetables, herbs, meat, fish, butter, milk cheese, bread, wooden products, art, etc.
- Setting up effective literacy classes for children and adults with available teaching tools by members of the community.
- Restructure the roads and parks and schools and sports grounds for the benefit of all the people.
- Plant trees along all the roads, schools and parks.
- Re-establish the Veld School. This will bring several thousand students to our town every year.
- Building a small smokeless factory for converting used tires into charcoal and generating energy from the heat. This is also huge solution for the pollution aspect of used tires.
- A well planned recreational area for promotion of arts and culture. This should include a well-stocked art studio for painters, sculptors and more.
- Allow artists to create works of art that are displayed along the streets and for sale to visitors.
- Art gallery to display all kinds of art and other hand-made goods.
- Clothing factory where tailors inspire each other, where material is also dyed into beautiful fabrics.
- Shoe factory – using leather and tires for new innovative strong shoes.
- Turn the town into a haven for tourist – utilize the river front as major attraction. (Interim plan – until money disappears and other towns adopt this model for themselves)
- Active trout fishing and competitions.
- Promote all the activities and attractions in the town with a well-planned and ongoing PR campaign - as an example of UBUNTU Contributionism.
- Turn the town into the most beautiful town in South Africa attracting people from all over the world.
- Promote the ancient cultural history of ancient civilizations – the real cradle of humankind.
The ultimate goal is to convert the whole country into a Contributionist UBUNTU society that functions without money, shines in science, technology and succeeds in abundance on all fronts.
The substantial mineral wealth of the country will be used as currency to obtain products that are not available in SA and for other needs. Keep in mind that the huge mining operations will be reduced dramatically to only mine what the country and its people need.
At present the mines dig out as much wealth as they can get from mother Earth, to be sold on the international markets and enrich only a small percentage of the world, while enslaving the people in the process. This applies to all our natural resources, including coal and diamonds. The government and giant multinational corporations have taken ownership of these minerals. They have stolen the country from its people. When ordinary South Africans dig for gold or diamonds, they are guilty of a criminal offence and are given harsh sentences.
The mining and minerals industry is one of the first sectors that must be rescued from the unlawful pirates that have hijacked it and must be returned to the people of the country to whom it belongs.
A major development drive will be structured across all sectors of life and industry, to design and manufacture everything locally, to the best possible quality – remember that money is not a hurdle any more.
And since money is no object, the central council of elders will provide everything needed by each and every producer and manufacturer, by utilizing the mineral and natural wealth of the country. Every production or manufacturing plant will get whatever they need, to do what they do for their community and more.
The most fundamental aspect is the large-scale production and cultivation of food. Farmers will be treated as the heroes of the country and supported in every way possible by the council of elders (the new government). One in every ten people will probably be involved in some way in the production of food. This will result in absolute abundance of food and no possibility of any hunger.
Once there is only one town that operates on the UBUNTU Contribution System, it will be impossible for other towns to continue living as a capitalist community. This will cause a rapid domino effect of UBUNTU across the country.